It appears like a bang-up deal: Buy this furnace, and we’ll give you an AC for free!
Who doesn’t love things that are free, right?
Companies that dangle alluring deals like buying a furnace and getting an air conditioner for free can make customers believe they're going to hit the jackpot. But, it's essential to approach these offers carefully. In many cases, what seems like a great deal at first may not be so amazing in the long run. Shady companies might inflate the prices of their products or incorporate hidden costs to make up for the discount they've offered.
Think of the saying: there’s no such thing as a free lunch. Well, in the HVAC industry, there aren’t too many air conditioners that are truly free when it's all over.
Beware of the Not-So-Free AC
A so-called "free" AC could come at the expense of paying higher installation fees or buying expensive extra services. It's very important for buyers to thoroughly analyze the overall cost and terms before falling for such promotions. One way to protect yourself is to get a second opinion from a reputable HVAC company, such as Home Furniture, Plumbing & Heating, and review prices of the entire installation.
Here are a few of the ways a “free” AC could come back to bite your wallet
- Inflated product prices: Some companies may increase the pricing of their products to make up for the "free" AC or service they're offering. This can make the total cost of the package much higher than it first appears.
- Hidden installation fees: Even though the air conditioner may be free, you may encounter unforeseen installation charges that are not clearly stated in the original offer. These fees can greatly increase the full price of the system.
- Mandatory added services: To make up for the cost of the purportedly free item they are giving you, companies may require customers to buy additional services or plans at embellished prices. These kinds of things can easily add up.
- Push for premium upgrades: Companies may pressure customers to upgrade components of the HVAC system at a higher cost, saying it will result in enhanced performance or improved efficiency. These upgrades may not be necessary or supply much value for when their cost is factored in.
- Warranty limitations: While the original offer may include warranties, some companies might apply restrictions or add exclusions to the promotion that restrict the coverage. You might need to pay additional money for extended warranties or face unexpected expenses if issues arise.
Don’t Fall for False Promotions. Go with a Reputable HVAC Company
When it comes to selecting a furnace, it's crucial to concentrate on reliability and quality instead of supposedly free offers. Instead of being enticed by extravagant offers, it is wiser to buy from a reputable company.
What are the indicators of a reputable HVAC company? The company will have a solid track record in the industry, reinforced by favorable customer testimonials. It also will have appropriate certifications and licenses, which shows it adheres to industry standards and regulations.
How does a reputable heating provider handle pricing? It will have transparent and fair pricing, without hidden charges or inflated costs.
For Reliable, Honest HVAC Installation in Kankakee, Choose Home Furniture, Plumbing & Heating
At Home Furniture, Plumbing & Heating, we take pride in providing our customers with reliable and high-quality HVAC service in Kankakee. Whether you want furnace installation or are seeking a second opinion, our team is dedicated to delivering outstanding support and service for all your heating and cooling needs.
Our knowledgeable professionals are skilled in their craft and supplied with the latest tools and technology to ensure efficient and precise installations. We are dedicated to providing customer satisfaction, and our helpful staff members are always ready to answer any questions. When you work with Home Furniture, Plumbing & Heating, you can have confidence that you'll get top-notch service from an HVAC company that really cares about your comfort.
Call 815-933-8213 today for your no-cost, no-obligation estimate.